Former the Train Shed of Bungo-mori (Kusu Town)
This building was built in 1934 as a steam locomotive garage.
Diesel locomotives were introduced in 1970, and the garage was no longer in use.
A conservation movement began around 2001, and Kusu Town purchased the building from Japan Railway in 2006.
It was registered as a modern heritage site in 2009.