Porvoo Cathedral (Finland)
Porvoo is located about 50 km east of Helsinki. The cathedral is in the old town of Porvoo. A wooden chapel was built in the 13th century. And a stone church was built from 1414 to 1418. It is the original form of current building.
This church was promoted to a cathedral in 1723.
The building has been on fire many times past. 1508 was from the Danish force, 1571, 1590, and 1708 from the Russian force. Recently, the outer wall was burnt down in 2006 and repaired.