Former Sapporo City Public Hall (former location : Sapporo City)
Sapporo City Public Hall was built in 1927 on the north side of Hohei-kan.
It was used by the Army from 1943 and by the Occupation Army after the end of the war, so it could not be used by civilians during that time. In 1947, it returned to the management of Sapporo City, and in 1948 it changed its name to Sapporo City Community Center and started using it. Then in 1949, it renamed to Sapporo Citizen’s Hall.
In 1957, it was dismantled to build the New Citizen's Hall. (The Hohei-kan next door was relocated to Nakajima Park and preserved.)
Related blog article
* The pop-up card of former Sapporo City Public Hall (2021.09.08)