Église Notre-Dame-des-Victoires [Historic District of Old Québec]
(Church of Our Lady of Victories, Quebec) (Canada)
This church is in the lower town of Quebec. It was established in 1688. In commemoration of the French army repelling the British army in 1690, "victory" was added to the church name. In addition, since the victory of 1711 was also added, that name became "victories".
In the battle with Britain in 1759, it was destroyed by shelling. After that it was restored and completed in 1816. (Thereafter, it has been repaired several times.)