Former Nogata Water Supply Tower (Nakano Ward, Tokyo)
After the Great Kanto Earthquake in 1923, the population of suburb of Tokyo City (at the time) increased. To meet the water demand, Aratama Water Supply was planned in 1924.
The Nogata Water Supply Tower was one of the facilities of Atarama water supply. This water supply tower was completed in 1929 and used until 1966. Then it was used as a water tank in case of disaster.
It was registered as a tangible cultural property in 2010.