Pop-up card of Nay Gumbad Masjid (2)


An improved version of the Nay Gumbad Masjid.
Last time, I wrote, " I wrote about some refinements, but I don’t feel like to make the same one anymore. I will use it for another card." But I don’t want to leave it as it is, so I remade it after all.

This time, I use the same paper as the cover paper for the inner support parts.
I just bent the cut out parts. The inner support is wider than last time.

Glue the parts together. While making it, I was feeling that this will work better than last time.

Extend the bent parts once, align them and glue them together.

The thickness is the same as last time. Even if I fold it, it will open this much when I do not hold it with hand.

I glued the cover, it looks like this. Since the paper inside is brown, the shape of the building is clearer than last time. This should be fine.

… Problem discovered.

When I actually opened and closed the card, the domes in the frist row did not rise firmly.
The cause is that the inner paper that supports it is soft. It’s easier to bend than Kent paper, so even if I open the card,  it doesn’t have enough power to raise the upper dome.

It can’t be helped … Let’s reinforce it.

I haven’t taken a photo of the reinforcement, so I enlarged a part of the first photo.

I cut Kent paper to the size that matches this pattern, insert it from the side, and glue it to the back side. If the part of the arrow is not solid, the dome will not get a raise, so cut the Kent paper according to the shape here.

However, since it was decided to insert it later, the width of the  part should be slightly narrowed so that the white paper does not stick out.
Also, if the bottom part is exactly the same width, the white edge of Kent paper can be seen from the side, so I narrowed it by about 5 mm so that it could not be seen.
It was an easy task if it be done before assembling, but it became troublesome because do it later.

It was completed. The opening and closing after reinforcement looks like this.

The domes in the first row rise properly from the previous time, so this seems fine.
The next time I use this method, I have to remember to reinforce it before assembling.